Mid-Write CRISIS

I'm smack dab in the middle of my novel. It's been going great for awhile. I was writing at least 2k words a day. But now, for the last week, it has hurt to write 200 words. I always hit that place in a novel where I just don't want to write it. 
It's not because it's a bad idea, or the writing sucks. I'm just tired of it. And that's when my other ideas all begin to creep up on me. And my blog becomes more and more interesting.
 I haven't written in a week. I'm tired, I feel that I've been overworked even though I haven't been doing anything but watching tv. But, you know what? I'm going to keep writing. Because I believe in my novel and I know that this will pass. It's like a man in a mid-life crisis. I just need a red sports car-like plot thread and then everything will be fine. I'm going to keep going because I believe in my writing. And you should too.
-Sarah Westen

1 comments:

Janine DeJesus said...

This has happened to me recently with a WIP that I'm about 300 pages into. What has helped me so far is gathering inspiring images and travel. I even found a place that was exactly how I imagined a certain setting in my story. Don't give up yet! You'll get back into the swing of things soon enough. :)

Janine Mimi

Post a Comment