Music is beautiful.

I have always wished that I could be in a band. I mean, the raving crowds, the being able to make music with your friends, all the free stuff. It always seemed just too cool for me. Sadly enough, I haven't tried to learn guitar or bass, only cello. On top of that, I may be able to hold a tune but I can't actually sing.

 Music speaks to people in ways that words sometimes cannot. Musicians can get their opinions out almost viral-ly; I'm sometimes jealous beyond words. Here are my top three favorite(and most respected) musicians:

#3 My Chemical Romance

The band was started in 2001 by Gerard Way(frontman) and Matt Pelissier(ex-drummer) about one week after the 9/11 attacks. Seeing those planes crash into the World Trade Center affected Way's life so much that he felt he needed to start a band. The song Skylines and Turnstiles was written about 9/11 and a short time later Ray Toro was invited into the band because Gerard couldn't play guitar and sing at the same time. Mikey Way(Gerard's Brother) coined the band's name after seeing a book by Irvine Welsh called Ecstasy: Three Tales of Chemical Romance.
Three studio albums later band members Frank Iero, Ray Toro, Gerard Way and Mikey Way are still Going strong with their new album: Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.
Okay, they may not be the most life altering band in the universe but I had to put them. I have listened to everyone of their songs and almost stalk them everyday on Facebook. I am a Killjoy.

#2 The Beatles
If I didn't put this I wouldn't be allowed to be called a music listener.
The Beatles, an English rock band that formed in 1960 were truly the most groundbreaking musicians of their time. When someone thinks of who changed music the most in the last century in America the answer is easy, The Beatles. The Beatles supported women's rights, gay rights and environmentalism. I respect them in every way but yes there is a reason that the Beatles isn't number one. The Beatles were groundbreaking and supported all these things in their time. But this is our time.

#1 Lady Gaga
I know there might be an uproar when you see this but yes, I truly think that this is the top musician of today. Lady Gaga supports LGBT rights, helped with things like Haiti and Japan, fights against HIV/AIDS and speaks out against Arizona's immigration laws. The Beatles may have been the best of their time but Lady Gaga is now. She is helping our generation(for the better, in my opinion). Put your paws up monsters!

0 comments:

Post a Comment