Inspirations of the week! (Feb13-18)

#1 Quote by Ellen Hopkins
"Did you ever, when you were little, endure your parents’ warnings, then wait for them to leave the room, pry loose protective covers and consider inserting some metal object into an electrical outlet? 

Did you wonder if for once you might light up the room? 

When you were big enough to cross the street on your own, did you ever wait for a signal, hear the frenzied approach of a fire truck and feel like stepping out in front of it? 

Did you wonder just how far that rocket ride might take you? 

When you were almost grown, did you ever sit in a bubble bath, perspiration pooling, notice a blow dryer plugged in within easy reach, and think about dropping it into the water? 

Did you wonder if the expected rush might somehow fail you? 

And now, do you ever dangle your toes over the precipice, dare the cliff to crumble, defy the frozen deity to suffer the sun, thaw feather and bone, take wing to fly you home?" 
— Ellen Hopkins (Burned (Burned, #1))
I've read just about all of Ellen Hopkin's books and I just LOVE her work. This is one of the poems that gives me chills every time I read it :)


#2 Doomsday


This gosh-darn song is so pretty! A friend showed it to me after much coaxing on her part. I'm glad she did because I absolutely LOVE it. 


#3 The Hill (Song From the Movie Once)
This song is beautifully heart-breaking and touches me in ways I cannot describe. The singer's voice is just so beautiful...

#4 Banner that a friend made for me for Doppled in Gray :)







I love this picture so much. It really reminds me of Daze's roots as must a body in a tank while she was in a virtual world. :D Loveee ittt!!! Changed my cover to this too :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment