Inspirations of the week! (Jan29-Feb4)

I've been having a rough week. Well make that a rough couple of months but I've promised myself to get back in the habit of writing because I realized how good it really is for me. Especially the Inspiration of the week. It helps me reflect :)
#1 Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night- A Poem by Dylan Thomas
My favorite stanza from this poem is:

"And you, my father, there on the sad height, 

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray. 
Do not go gentle into that good night. 
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

This poem has slowly began to mean a lot to me. It became my favorite a week or so ago when I first read the entire thing. I know that it's about always trying to fight death even when you know it's coming, but to me it also means living every moment to it's fullest because you can. 
#2 I Died in a Car Crash- Dance
This video should be self explanatory. It's so beautiful.  
#3 Youth by Daughter

I am an avid dubstep listener so I heard the remix of this song first, (Link: http://soundcloud.com/dubstep/youth-by-daughter-love-thy-brother-remix) but when I heard the begining of the song and it's beautiful lyrics I knew I had to hear the entirety of this song. And it is magical. I love it so much and the truth just rings in your ears because of it.

Only three for the week that just passed. I'll prob have more for this week :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment