The Power of Six... Or Seven?.. Or Ten? (Book Review)

.
I really dislike the cover :(
The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us. 

Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together? 

They caught Number One in Malaysia. 
Number Two in England. 
And Number Three in Kenya. 
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed. 

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive. 

And I'm ready to fight.

I also really dislike the blurb. Is that okay? YES because overall, I liked the sequel to I Am Number Four. It started out really slow and that caused me to keep putting it off(the very reason I am only reviewing it now), but now that I have read it, I wished that I had kept on reading. 

Number Seven is currently alive in Spain under the pseudonym of Marina and living in an orphanage with her Cepan, Addelina. She was thoroughly unlikable to me in the beginning of the book, which was why the only thing that kept me reading half of the time was Four's POV. The dialogue is occasionally really fake, sounding nothing like teens today would at all but most of the time it works, which was good enough for me.
Things that annoyed me or I would have changed:
*The text messages conversation between Sarah and John. It just was so fake I wanted to puke. 
*Sarah in general. "oh boo hoo people call me a weirdo." Go eat a cheezburger and GTFO.
*The character Miranda that just so happened to look a lot like Number Seven. At least mention the character before. -.- #ThingsThatFusterateMeInBooksToNoEnd
Quote that I absolutely LOVED:
Being in love is a very strange thing. Your thoughts constantly drift towards this other person, no matter what you’re doing. You could be reaching for a glass in the cupboard or brushing your teeth or listening to someone tell a story, and your mind will just start drifting towards their face, their hair, the way they smell, wondering what they’ll wear, and what they’ll say the next time they see you. And on top of the constant dream state you’re in, your stomach feels like it’s connected to a bungee cord, and it bounces and bounces around for hours until it finally lodges itself next to your heart.
 Overall:
*Did I completely LOVE the book to no end? No
*Were there PARTS of the book that I really loved? Yes. The fight scenes, above quote, Bernie Kosar, Sam, Number Ten and Sam's Dad.
*Will I read the next one in the series? With a cliffhanger like the one that I got how could I not? Things are finally starting to heat up!

4 points out of 5


Surprised that I've been doing a book review once a week? So am I! :D Hopefully I will keep it up. I do have a goal to read 100 books by December 31. And I suspect that about 20 to 30 books will be read over the summer. Anyway, until next time :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment